Looking at how the chef integrate art into the food on the plate is very impressive.. I realized that Japanese food not only have to be delicious, the presentation of the food is rather important… Have you ever seen a Japanese food that is simply served? Or have you seen Japanese food is sold in kopitiam? In fact, it is true in Penang. Many hawker stalls sell Japanese Bento Set or Teppanyaki.. but I supposed those are not pure Japanese food.. they are influenced by western style and become mix.. :P
So fine Japanese food is meant to be neat, presentable, and the most important, delicious. Another thing is the service given to the customer.. being polite is their important policy and they need to welcome and thank every of the customers... Is this one of the factors that makes the price is soo expensive?
Although it is expensive, there are still a lot of people visiting despite the economy crisis.. Seems like people not only enjoy the taste of the food but are also willing to pay more for good service, good environment, pretty plates and nice decoration of the food.
Dont believe? Now think, if I open a stall in kopitiam selling sushi with the exact quality of those in restaurant, but without the pretty plates, the cosy environment, the irashaimase and arigatou gozaimasu.. will there be customers visiting my stall??
My favourite Unagi SushiEgg Mayo Sushi
I am not sure what is this.. just eat la... Green Tea
Teriyaki Chicken Rice
Soft Shell Crab Rice
I love this
2 comments:
It looks amazing! I looove soft shell crab, and unagi!! Yum, the drizzled sauce looks delicious, mmmm
i am waiting for your japanese restaurant. just sell the potato salad & miso soup is enough dy, haha..
Post a Comment