Sunday, March 1, 2009

Today's Menu: Teriyaki Chicken

I always love teriyaki chicken and if I to go to a restaurant, and there is chicken teriyaki in the menu list, I will surely go for that one first! During my last visit to a Japanese restaurant, I tried on their teriyaki chicken.. but the taste is not up to my expectation... so im gonna try to make my own version.. V(^v^)V

This is only a rehearsal due to the reason that I haven’t really got myself the recipe.. just can't wait to try out the sauce after I have bought it... I will improve the method and provide more info next time.. so a quick one..here we go...

Ingredients:
- chicken breast or thigh
- Kikkoman Teriyaki Honey & Soy Marinade


Method:


1) Cut the chicken breast into slices.
2) Marinate the chicken with the sauce for 20 minutes. Marinate for 2-3 hours for richer flavour.
3) Heat a little bit of oil in the frying pan. Cook the chicken in low heat. Pour the sauce that is used to marinate into the pan.

4) Dish and serve.
Now Kikkoman has this ready-made sauce, it is all in one.. soy sauce, vinegar, honey, wine, spices and everything you need to brew teriyaki sauce in one bottle. Easy isn’t? Plus, it comes in a variety of flavours, mine is Honey & Soy...

For this experiment, I choose no other than my brother to become the white rat. He is indeed very proud to be my guest of honour. Okie here is his comments:

When I was washing the pan...
Jason: Eh, sis u cook already ar the tendari chicken?
Me: What tendari? Tandoori u mean?
Jason: Tendari la
Me: No tendari or tandoori la.. it is teriyaki! Ya I cook d, it is on the table
Jason: Oh no wonder la, smell so good

While eating…
Jason: I want the biggest one!
Me: Nah take it. Wait! Let me take a snapshot first!

After the first bite, his facial expression changed
Jason: Why bitter one?
Me: Got wine ma.. let me try.. no bitter la.. so ok ornot?
Jason: BOLEH TAHAN (Jason is really saying this malay word out)
Me: How is it? (asking Moon)
Moon: Delicious ar..
Me: I am afraid it is not fully cooked..

Papa walked by….

Papa: Not cooked also can eat one...

So the conclusion is NOT BAD! Thanks to the judges for being soo supportive… i love this comment "no cooked also can eat!" :D Although the comments might be a little biased, my chicken teriyaki fully cooked and edible, at least!! Due to the fact that this piece of chicken travelled all the way from Penang to SP (I marinate it in penang, cook it in SP) I think it deserves more point right? haha... Have fun!


*Moon is my little sis.*


3 comments:

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

looks delicious to me! :)

fuzkittie said...

Hahaha, cute convos. It looks good anyway!

Laura L said...

helo, yummy food